No water from bathroom faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

spike808

Reaction score
For some unknown reason the water stopped flowing from one of my bathroom faucets. I have two sinks on the vanity in my master bath and one of them works just fine and the other just slowed to a drip one day and then completely stopped.

What is the cause of this problem? I am a renter so I don't want the landlady to think it was somehing I did :eek:

Thanks for any advice.

spike808

Reaction score
Ya I did that and checked the knobs under the sink to make sure they were on too. Also, when I flush the toilet it has that nasty sewage smell; could this all be part of the same problem?

Thanks for your fast reply

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
They probably aren't directly related...the toilet may have a bad wax seal on the flange. Does it leak anywhere ? Does the toilet rock?

An old shutoff valve's washer can deteriorate to the point that it blocks the water flow. Is it both hot and cold or just one side? Is it a single handle faucet?

spike808

Reaction score
No hot or cold water. It's not a single handle faucet, has a knob for each.

The toilet doesn't rock at all and to be perfectly honest, if it was the wax ring there is something really gross about the thought of replacing that in a rental house - god only knows what lurks there. I could always make my boyfriend do it, lol. Anyways, I believe there may be a leak because the tile (mex. pavers) are always damp feeling. Oh and I just remembered that there used to be seepage at the base when I would flush but my solution for that was caulk, hehe. I know this was not ideal but its good enuf for now.

I can pretty much deal w/ it but it's the sink problem that sucks and I just thought that perhaps the two issues may be related. Thanks again.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Definitly sounds like the wax ring is shot...is this on a concrete slab or a wood subfloor. If wood, then it is probably rotting, the health issue is not good, and as you've noted, the smell is annoying.

Do each of the faucets have individual shutoffs? Compare how the handles feel as you turn one on or off, see if the ones that don't work feel different. It might be just the washers. Take a close look at the supply lines to the faucets, are they kinked anywhere? Try turning off the shutoff, remove the supply line from the faucet, use a bucket or a pan, and then turn it back on again, see if water comes out. If it does, and it doesn't come through the faucet, then it is in the faucet. You could have a messed up washer in that as well.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Your a renter. Even if you did do it it is wear and tear. Call the landlord and have her fix it. It is not your responsibility.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks