Soiree' and toilet flange height?

Users who are viewing this thread

barrybud

Reaction score
Hi All, I am getting near the end of a small bathroom reno and the tile floor is in and grouted. The toilet flange in the floor is now level with top of the finished floor. I am installing a Toto Soiree' toilet and I wonder if I need to get one of those flange extensions? I sat the adapter in place without the wax ring and it seemed to have very little play.
Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You should be okay with maybe a normal wax ring, or certainly with a jumbo (which is a bit thicker). Many flanges are only about 3/16" thick, and if installed on top of the finished floor, any wax ring would work. So you are only talking about a small difference with yours flush. When you push it down with the wax ring, you should feel resistance as the wax squishes and conforms to make the seal. If it doesn't squish, it's not thick enough. The colder the wax, the harder it is.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks