leaking outside hose

Users who are viewing this thread

JPBBlue

Reaction score
Thanks HJ for the previous help. This web site is great . . . stumbled on it and hats off to all you guys!

If both my outside hose connections to the house drizzle, and they both have a screw in the middle. . . can I change out the handle area and if so, do I have to shut the water off to the house (I believe in my crawl space, not sure) . . .

Thanks,

Peter

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drip

The easiest way is to shut off the water into the house. Then remove the operating portion of the valve. If the seat is not damaged, replace the washer. If the washer is not replaceable, then you can just interchange the operating mechanism if you can find a new valve that is exactly the same as yours.

TheZster

Reaction score
If the faucets are screwed on rather than sweated... you can also just buy a new faucet at HD for a couple of bucks and change it out..... Takes the fun out of DIY - but I've seen it done - and done it myself for the sake of expediency..... (buy one - replace one - repair the one I removed - replace the other with the repaired one..) Beats being without water while looking for parts.....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks