Stuck Linkage

Users who are viewing this thread

baldtrainer

Reaction score
Last night, I was greeted with a lovely sight...bath water standing in the bathtub. Since this is our only bathtub/shower, I need to fix this ASAP so the family can bathe. I snaked the pipes, used Drano and plunged. Finally, I decided to take off the stopper (I have the kind that goes up to plug the pipe and down to unplug the pipe). The stopper was connected to the linkage and I tried to pull it all out...unfortunately, the linkage is stuck (which would explain why the plug hasn't worked in the 2 years I've lived here). I'm currently, using WD-40 to try and loosen it (apparently, this tub has never had anything done to it in 30 years). Am I doing the right thing? Is there anything else I can do to get it out? Thanks.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
good luck

you will probably never get that out...

it has seized up years ago, you might try to man handle

those wires comming out of the face plate but I doubt it will

work...

If you plug up that face plate hole with a rag or sponge

and fill the tub a little with hot water,
you should be able to get a good suction going and plunge
that drain and get it running again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks