Leaking bath faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Master Brian

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I need to repair, what is most likely a faulty washer, in my parents bath faucet, but I can't figure out how to get this thing apart.

Any ideas? I am including a picture....

We aren't sure of the brand, but the company who redid the bath thought it should be a delta, but there is a little gold Ejer plaque floating around the sink under the faucet. I say floating around because it is no longer stuck to anything....

I have checked both companies websites and can't find any faucet similar.

I drew an arrow pointing to the area of the leak, which is at the base, where it attaches to the sink. I have taken the white "H" cap off and there is a screw, but I wasn't sure if that was the screw that needs to come out, so I stopped.

Thanks,

Attachments

• faucet.JPG
    faucet.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 513

CarlH

Reaction score
I don't know about the make of that faucet, but the base where your arrow is pointing will most likely unscrew for servicing. You'll find some sort of cartridge when you unscrew that base or hub. Here is an example of way a similar moen goes together.

If you look around you might find out who makes it. Check the underside of the spout.

Master Brian

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the make of that faucet, but the base where your arrow is pointing will most likely unscrew for servicing. You'll find some sort of cartridge when you unscrew that base or hub. Here is an example of way a similar moen goes together.

If you look around you might find out who makes it. Check the underside of the spout.

I can't find anything a near the base that unscrews. In fact, if memory is correct, it just spins. The only thing I can figure is that the screw under the cap, must be what comes out, but again, I'm unsure. It's been a while since I messed with this last, but I may have even unscrewed that.... Hmmm

I'll try to look under the spout. After re-looking at this pic, it is also clear that the "eljer" plaque came off the sink. You can see it attached just under the spout.

CarlH

Reaction score
My mistake.:eek: I misread and thought that you did not find a screw and that is why you stopped. Since the hub spins freely, I suspect that the whole thing is held on with that screw. Remove the screw and take the handle off, and hopefully you can remove the hub. With all of that off you should be able to see the cartridge and what holds it in place. The leak could be a bad o-ring, bad cartridge, or a loose cartridge.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
That looks like Aqua Brass. If it is, it will have a ceramic disc. No washers to replace. You may need an entire cartridge.

Remove the handle
Once removed, you may find a brass coller/sleeve on top of the white porcelain. That peice should be able to unscrew

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I believe you have a Delta Select "Williamsburg" there which which was rebranded as a Brizo in 2004. They are still a part of Delta.

Here is the parts breakdown for your faucet.
Brizo Williamsburg Parts breakdown

These use a ceramic stem & washer with spring (RP 42216 & RP10700) similar to the Delta design of old however they are lifetime guaranteed and are scarce in the stores as they aren't suposed to go bad. Call Delta you'll see them in about 10 days.

The porcelain unscrews and the whole handle assy comes off with it the bonnet nut is underneath.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I believe you have a Delta Select "Williamsburg" there which which was rebranded as a Brizo in 2004. They are still a part of Delta.

Here is the parts breakdown for your faucet.
Brizo Williamsburg Parts breakdown

These use a ceramic stem & washer with spring (RP 42216 & RP10700) similar to the Delta design of old however they are lifetime guaranteed and are scarce in the stores as they aren't suposed to go bad. Call Delta you'll see them in about 10 days.

The porcelain unscrews and the whole handle assy comes off with it the bonnet nut is underneath.

Good eye there Redwood. Looking at that parts break down the new ceramic stems look like Delta's old style plastic stem with the stainless steal plate. So the ceramic is a new improvement on the old design I take it?

Master Brian

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes, thank you Redwood. The plumber/contractor whom installed it was certain it would have been a delta, because of where they purchased it.

I called Delta and they are sending me a replacement part for it. Let's hope this is the fix!! They also said, it wouldn't have a marking on it if it were that line.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
No good eye about it guys...
I helped my brother out with the same faucet last Friday or, Saturday.

Ah heck... Maybe I shouldn't have said anything and let you guys keep thinking I was a manure spreader of knowledge! :D

Master Brian

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
No good eye about it guys...
I helped my brother out with the same faucet last Friday or, Saturday.

Ah heck... Maybe I shouldn't have said anything and let you guys keep thinking I was a manure spreader of knowledge! :D

I guess timing is truly everything. I've been meaning to post something about this for about a month or more!

Master Brian

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Redwood, just wanted to say Thank You. The part came in this weekend and I was able to fix my mothers faucet.

Looks as though they've changed a few parts....

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
For the better I hope.

Nice job on getting it done...

I should call my brother and see how he did on his...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks