PDA

View Full Version : RFC: Toto dual-flush toilet (LeBlanc/Aqua)

Cowtown flusher
06-05-2005, 12:36 PM
Does anyone have performance info on the new Toto dual-flush toilet? They should be arriving here any day now, but in the meantime here's some info I have:

Name: LeBlanc Dual Flush Toilet, 1.6 GPF / 0.8 GPF
New Name: Aqua (??)
Model: CST414MP
Spec. sheet claims the toilet scored the highest possible performance rating.
Water surface: 4-1/2" X 6"
Trap Diameter: 2-1/8"
Rough-in: 12"
Trap Seal: 2-1/4"
One year limited warranty
Shipping weight: MS934304SF - 108lbs (49kg)
Shipping dimensions: not listed.

PDF spec file sheet (http://terrylove.com/pdf/cst414m_specs.pdf)

From the drawing:
It's a two-piece, 27-1/4" depth, 15-1/4" height to seat (no seat included), 30-1/4" to top of tank, 15-3/4" total width.

There doesn't appear to be a Sanagloss option. (????)

The drawing shows plumbing sticking out the back, past the skirt, which is smooth all-around.

Comes in Cotton White and Sedonia Beige to match Kohler Biscuit and American Standard Linen.

Price is a little more than half that of the Carlyle. And you have to buy a separate seat.

Any comments appreciated. I'm trying to compare these to Toto's Carlyle and Ultramax. The price and dual-flush feature seem compelling. Visually, it's not as appealling, but for what really matters, performance, there is no data I can find. The Toto site doesn't even show this toilet as available!

As a separate question... how important is the Sanagloss feature?

Thanks in advance,

Cowtown flusher

Cowtown flusher
06-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Terry, thanks for inserting the spec sheet. Do you about this toilet's performance, particularly relative to the other Toto toilets? Also, I was told Cotton white is the only colour, but the spec sheet implies there are others on the pricing sheet. Any knowledge on this?

Thanks,

Cowtown flusher

PlumbFlushedOut
06-20-2005, 10:56 PM
Recently saw one of the Toto Aquia in action - - impressive! Appears to have the strength of other G-max models although there is no syphon jet. Has a smaller European-like water spot but doesn't seem to hinder its performance. Action is quick and quiet. Parts in the tank look less complicated than the Caromas, etc. Has a neat mounting system to the floor. You attach a stainless flexible supply to the tank before mounting to the floor or you will not reach it because it is very much concealed. Very attractive looking - competes with the Carlyle for clean lines even though it is a two piece.

MaP rating 800 grams