no pressure shower/tub

Users who are viewing this thread

girlchain333

Reaction score
We recently bleached our hot water heater. When all faucets were turned back on, several were clogged with sediment/gravel. I have been able to clear all except my daughter's bathtub/shower. I have the handle and trim off and now am stuck. Am I looking for an aerator, a cartrige or what? And what do I do once I find it!? I have spent sooo many hours on line! It is a moen single handle with posi temp. I believe model T3111 (or similar). Any advice would be much appreciated!!

B2CHR

Reaction score
Had the same thing happond a few weeks ago from a under the slab busted main water line and I think I had installed a Moen shower value too. After the trim came off had to take out 4 screws to pull off a brass plate holding in the cartridge. Of course turn off the water first. I pulled out the cartridge and took out the 4 screws and nut on the sides to get to the back to find two small spring loaded filters that had clogged up with sand. Gently flush out with water. I had installed new shut off values to the new bath so I was able to turn off the water to the bath and still have water on the house. It took a couple times to get all sand out of the system but finely was able to clear them. Be easy on the little spring filters.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks