faucet pipe too short

Users who are viewing this thread

randi330

Reaction score
Good morning all! I'm new to this forum and also the world of plumbing so please be kind!!!

I started to install a new sink and faucet in my bathroom. Everything went smoothly until the faucet pipes were too short to reach the supply line pipes. I bought some extenders but they were too long and wouldn't bend as much as needed.

Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Get flexible hoses. They come in various lengths, so you should be able to find some that are just a tad longer than the space you have between the fixture and the cut off valves. The type with the steel braided covers seem be be preferred by most. You may have to get adapter fittings to match up.

RioHyde

Plumber
Reaction score
The extension tubes you have can be cut to size with a tubing cutter, but stainless steel braided hoses is the easier solution for a DIYer.

Mike Swearingen

Reaction score
Website
www.albemarle-realty.com
If your faucet supply tubes are straight copper, you'll probably need a couple of 3/8" brass compression fittings to match up with the stainless steel flex lines attached to your shut-off valves.
You don't need pipe dope or teflon tape with these fittings or lines. The flex lines come with built-in rubber seals, and the compression fittings seal themselves with brass ring ferrules.
Good Luck!
Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks