Single lever washing machine shutoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've got a single lever (Watts?) shutoff on my washing machine supply. It's brass and the lever swings horizontally from right to left to perform the shutoff/on function. The lever started to move very easily and now does not shut off the water. My guess is that this can be rebuilt/repaired. I haven't look at what might be wrong and was hoping to find a repair kit and some help on what may be wrong before I tear it apart. What compounds this is that my main shutoff no longer really shuts things off. I'm in the middle of a row of townhouses, and the main shutoff is not accessable easily, and would turn water off for 10 homes. I guess that the washer is probably shot after 20-years! How do you usually handle this sort of situation?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Items like this are not made to be repaired. Unless the valve has some standard components like off-the-shelf o-ring sizes, the chance of finding parts is very slim. If it is Watts, you could contact them through a plumbiing supplier, but I would be planning to replace the entire valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks