Low Flow SOLVED!

Users who are viewing this thread

blainecf

Reaction score
(Note: this solution may work well for other low-flow but otherwise good pressure situations!)

We needed a second bathroom at work, but the concrete floor would have made the job a huge issue.

We purchased 2 wall-mount toilets, and I managed to install them. When I flushed, the flush was so weak it wouldn't even pull toilet paper down. Arrrrrgh!

I talked to a lot of people, with some wacky ideas proposed, none of which I liked.

The solution was to install a pressure tank. I picked up a 42 gal. tank and all the fittings for $150. Installed it and WHOOSH! Yes!

Before the pressure tank, I was reading ~55psi static, and down to 10psi during the flush. After the pressure tank it never drops below 40psi during the flush.

The pressure tank has only one fitting, and you just install a tee in your supply line and run pipe to the pressure tank ( the bigger pipe, the better - I used 1" ).

Hope this helps someone else too.

bcf

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Thats one way of getting around the supply line being too small to support a flushometer. The thing is you don't need a tank that big to do it. Each toilet only uses 1.6 gallons per flush.

A tank type toilet would have also worked.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks