TOTO Aquia Installation Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

pacer333

Reaction score
Just purchased a TOTO Aquia for a bathroom remodel and am concerned about what looks like a complicated job to install it. I will have to drill through porcelan tile. Any suggestions about how to proceed. Or should I exchange it for a different model -- like the UltraMax. Would welcome comparisons of the pros and cons of the Aquia vs. the UltraMax regarding both performance and ease of installation. :confused:

Installation instructions for Aquia

Complete Instructions for the Aquia written by Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
We install them all the time, I sold eighty of them last year.
They look very nice installed.
Have a large trapway that works well.
Very compact for an elongated bowl, so they take up very little space in the bathroom.
Noise level on flush from the surrounding rooms is on the quiet side.
They do take 1/2 hour more to install, and our installation charge reflects some of that.
You just slow down, and enjoy the task at hand. The payoff will be the use of it, and the nice comments when others use it.
Remember to use the seat toggles to attach the seat.
They will be about 3" long with stainless bolts.
They drop through the holes in the top of the bowl, so the seat can be attached from the top.
I use a flexible 16" toilet supply for these.
When tightening the tank, you can rotate out the flush valve to gain more space inside the tank, while you tighten evenly, the tank to the bowl.

The Ultramax is very different. The bowl is more common, the flush is more common.
With those, you can pretty much just pull them from the box and stick them on the wax.
Either will work well, and look nice.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Diamond core bits are available on the web, or at Lowes. A smaller one needed for this is probably in the order of $15 retail. A hole through porcelain might take a couple of minutes each. You may want a slightly larger hole than the instructions say - I think their fittings are metric, and the equivalent inch size is slightly small for the clearance.

ciscobum

Reaction score
toto Aquia dual flush problem

Hi everyone, my contractor just installed a new toto aquia dual flush toilet and I am not happy at all.

The partial flush works great but the full flush is not performing as well,
with the full flush I have to use it twice to drain the waste.

I looked at the installation manual and the troubleshooting part didn't help.
The water level in the bowl looks ok however I am concerned that the water level in the tank is not correct.

The water level in the tank is about 1 inch deep after a full flush, in other words the tank is not completely drained after a full flush.

Question: using a full flush should the tank drain completely before it fills back up to its normal water level ?

thanks
ciscobum

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Very few of today's toilets drain the full tank...some leave as much as 1/3'rd or more in it. It is there for pressure like a water tower provides public water pressure, and isn't normally all used. Is it actually leaving stuff in the bowl? The flush is very quick...don't go by the amount of time it takes.

If the drain line is plugged or restricted, no toilet will flush well.

The level in the tank normally is within about 1/2-1" from the top of the overflow tube. Where is the level in the tank when it is done filling?

ciscobum

Reaction score
toto Aquia dual flush problem

The water level is 1/4 inch above a long horizontal line that goes across the tank wall. I am assuming the horizontal line marks where the water level should be when full.
After the first flush there is still a small amount of waste, the second flush does the job.

ciscobum

Last edited:

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
The water level is 1/4 inch above a long horizontal line that goes across the tank wall. I am assuming the horizontal line marks where the water level should be when full.
After the first flush there is still a small amount of waste, the second flush does the job.

ciscobum

Don't tell us. Tell your plumber. If he can't fix it, call the dealer where it was purchased. If they don't help, call the manufacturer's rep in your area.

pacer333

Reaction score
use a diamond tile drill.
Do you recommend drilling hole in tile to fit screw size and depending on screw fastening only in subfloor or drilling larger hole in tile to allow use of plastic anchor in the tile?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It depends. If the tile is fairly thin, and there is good wood below, you may want to drill the tile so that the screw can pass through the tile, and thread into the wood.

If you are going into concrete, or the tile is thick, then you may want to use inserts and drill for those.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks