New Shower water pressure problem

Users who are viewing this thread

GeckoZoo

Reaction score
I installed a new bathroom shower (Price Pfister model 17192-0100G), single-handle model. While turning on the water for the shower, everything works well for the first 75% of the turn. Water pressure is fine, temp is what I would expect. However, once I hit the last 25% of the turn (to turn it to max hot), the pressure drops considerably.

I have installed other showers which had parts such as scald-proof rings or clips that you install to stop the handle at a certain point. This shower product didn't have anything like that (or so I didn't see in the package or manual), so I wondered if NOT having some sort of a stop device in there, may cause 'over-turn' which starts to block one or more of the h/c channels? I don't know, never saw this phenomenon before.

Unfortunately, I do not have the box or manual anymore, and the model number I quoted above is a mystery to search for on the Web, compounded by the problem that the pricepfister.com web site is either down or no more.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

Upon further review, I think the model number is more like the following: PRICE PFISTER: R89-7DXD-SGL-BDXD

Last edited: