Rth6300b

Users who are viewing this thread

novice123

Reaction score
On Page 19 of the install manual, it says to program "O" if I have a gas furnace (system controls fan operation)....or program "1" if I have an electronic heating system (thermostat controls fan operation).

My confusion is that I have a fan "on/off" switch on my current thermostat, and their instructions seem to contradict as I can currently control the fan operation from the thermostat unit. Any idea which program button is correct?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you don't manually override the furnace with the fan switch to turn it on (i.e., if that switch is off), does the furnace turn the fan on when firing? Nearly all do. What you don't want is for the furnace to be on and not have the fan turn on.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
... their instructions seem to contradict as I can currently control the fan operation from the thermostat unit. Any idea which program button is correct?

No, but I suspect that manual on/off fan switch on your present thermostat does not affect the answer to your question. My guess is that you have a typical gas furnace with a thermostat that does *not* control the fan if you have something like this in the system circuit inside your furnace controlling your fan:

Attachments

• fan_limit.jpg
    fan_limit.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 284
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks