Quick Vent Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Seaneys

Reaction score
I am very tight on vertical clearance below my toilet. The plumbing is 3" PVC.

Below my toilet flange I immediately connect to a 90 degree elbow. The is connected to a 3x3x2 combo WYE before it continues about 4" to the 4" stack...

I use the combo wye to vent the toilet drain line. The 2" branch runs about 12" before it vents up through a wall.

Does the combo wye need to be turn at 45 degrees so that the 2" vent line is angled slightly higher than the toilet drain line? I thought I had to be turned a minumum of 45 degrees, but I have a reference that says the vent line should be a maximum of 45 degrees...

Thanks,
Steve

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

The 2" opening should be rolled to 45 degrees, but the pipe itself does not have to be. If 45 were the maximum we could never install it vertically which would be 90 degrees, and is the most common installation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks