low pressure from bathtub faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

trott22

Reaction score
Hello,

We recently tried to fix a leaky bathroom sink faucet handle. After turning the water back on, we noticed that the water pressure in the bathtub was much lower than normal and it now makes a weird rumbling noise when the handle is turned to a certain point. We have a single handle bathtub faucet that as you turn it the water goes from cold to hot. The weird noise starts around where the water starts getting warm. When we turn the shower on, the noise stops and the pressure is ok. The water pressure in the sink is also fine. Any idea what has happened with the tub?

Thanks,
Trott

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If it is a pressure balanced valve in the shower, when youturn the water off elsewhere, you can move the spool in the valve to the extreme limit, and if it is old, sometimes it sticks. Also, if when you did the repair, a little crud got loose, (turning the water on and off can sometimes do that), it could be stuck in the valve as well. Sometimes, all they need is to be flushed out. Wait for one of the pros that sees this all the time...

JasonG

Reaction score
I need to flush my valves too... I did some work on some old galvanized pipes and now the valves on my shower, toilet, and sink have all gone to hell. I'm sure they are clogged with little bits of rust as I can see it flowing out with what water does come out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks