Please Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Smhowell

Reaction score
The shower in the house we just bought had a catastrophic failure of the custom shower. The drain it it seems to match Plastic Oddities p/n PBR400, the drawing of which can be viewed at: http://store.podirect.com/servlet/Detail?no=605
I got the replacement parts and a square ring with strainer - the fit and finish on these parts are almost too horrible to describe and one of the threads on the nickle ring was tapped incorrectly. This doesn't seem to be the norm on plumbing parts because the Oatey part we bought that wouldn't work has excellent quality. Does anyone else make this part? I need it by Monday, and I just wasted $40 and a week's time on a box full of crap.

Please help!

Smhowell

Reaction score
Talked to Plastic Oddities last Friday and got a new box of stuff Monday. The parts I really needed actually were much improved...I don't think I would have been too critical had I received them first. I've found an Oatey strainer that looks much nicer than the Plastic Oddities unit, and a little sanding allowed it to fit; it doesn't drop in, but it will snap in. I've decided not to use the square ring since my floor tile is thinner. The square ring would work with the 12" x 12" tile, but that's too big to use in a small shower.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks