Galvanized humidifiers

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Once again I would like to take advantage of the vast amount of knowledge at this site. This has to do with radiator humidifiers, does anyone know where the old galvanized water holders for heating radiators can be found, and purchased? These seem to have disappeared from Chicago.

Thanks again.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The key word here is "galvanized". Galvanized steel rusts and just isn't a satisfactory material for any type of plumbing.

Reaction score
Yes, I agree, but I remember having them when I was a boy, I would fill them with water, as they were hanging in the back of our radiators. There was also ones that sat in the middle of the radiator and had a trough.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Lots of things have changed since we were boys. My point is, I seriously doubt if these things are made at all today. You might find something made from copper, but galvanized steel, I think not.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
Whether for nostalgic or practical reasons, you could possibly find a sheet metal or welding shop that could fabricate some radiator pans out of stainless. Or, maybe you could make your own with a little tin (from old anti-freeze cans) and solder!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks