wye or short and 1/4inch break the bubble

Users who are viewing this thread

Kingzucka

Reaction score
2 questions:
toilet to dirt ground, can I use a 90 degree short one that I have or must/should be a Wyee 90 degree longer turn?

Much Thanks trying to avoid a trip to the store.

the 1/4 inch drop per foot, i saw a video saying to break the bubble on the level, any expert opinion on this, tough to measure in the dirt but I think the bubble should just touch the line on the high side, should it break the line?

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
1) I can't tell what you're asking. If you're talking about using a ninety under the closet flange to turn from vertical to horizontal, that elbow is commonly called a closet flange, and you can use a quarter bend there. It's an exception to the general rule that a vertical to horizontal bend should be a LT90.

2) How long is your level? If it's 2' long, get a scrap of 1/2" material, maybe 1" x 1" in size, and tape it to one the end of one side of your level, as a spacer. Use the spacer against the pipe on the downhill side. If your level reads level, you'll have exactly 1/4" per foot drop.

Cheers, Wayne

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Either 90 is ok in this case. I use a level with graduations or whatever it takes to get proper fall I dont just trust all levels are the same. Also I shoot for 1/4 inch MINIMUM I hate to have an inspector put his level on a spot thats just a little shy. So if convieniant Ill give like an 1 1/4 in 4 foot

Kingzucka

Reaction score
1) I can't tell what you're asking. If you're talking about using a ninety under the closet flange to turn from vertical to horizontal, that elbow is commonly called a closet flange, and you can use a quarter bend there. It's an exception to the general rule that a vertical to horizontal bend should be a LT90.

2) How long is your level? If it's 2' long, get a scrap of 1/2" material, maybe 1" x 1" in size, and tape it to one the end of one side of your level, as a spacer. Use the spacer against the pipe on the downhill side. If your level reads level, you'll have exactly 1/4" per foot drop.

Cheers, Wayne
Thank you!!!

Kingzucka

Reaction score
Either 90 is ok in this case. I use a level with graduations or whatever it takes to get proper fall I dont just trust all levels are the same. Also I shoot for 1/4 inch MINIMUM I hate to have an inspector put his level on a spot thats just a little shy. So if convieniant Ill give like an 1 1/4 in 4 foot
Thank you!

Reach4

Reaction score
Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I prefer a 4x3 90 , but often run 3 inch , Yes 1/8 inch is alowed in IPC I prefer minimum 1/4inch slope.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks