WOW, what a movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I never moved from this movie. But, I could never ever watch it twice because it is so unnerving I would need sedatives. :) Wow, it is based on fact and truth. What a life to live. The ending is incredible. This movie is NOT good for your health, I won't sleep tonite. It keeps you on the edge. It shows, their really is good in all people.

It is, The Pianist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pianist_(2002_film)

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I am home sick. I have been home sick for a few days now. I got a sore throat and I can't ... eat anything and get it down. LOL. I took a Tylenol and it was stuck in there for a day, not helping the pain or the fever. So, I made a peanut butter sandwich thinking it would unstick it, then, while chewing it, I thought, " what if the sandwich gets stuck," I will become a skinny Mama Cass. Did that really happen to her? I hope not. She was a great singer.

I rented the movie, The Caller. Save your $! I want my money back. I am going to wait on the new movie, The Zookeeper.

... the pill plus, sandwich went down, :) but, the movie put me to sleep. It was really stupid.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
The best movie in the entire world is an Italian movie (with English subtitles) called 'Life is Beautiful'.

America has also made some reasonably good movies like 'the Green Mile' and 'the Shawshank Redemption'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
Yes, a friend bought me that movie. He was a great man to do what he did for his son. For anyone who hasn't seen it, and you don't mind crying, it is a definite must see. He was amazing.

Cookie

Reaction score
life is beautiful Movie Synopsis
In 1939, Guido (Roberto Benigni) — an enchanting individual with childlike innocence and grand dreams of owning his own bookstore comes to the Tuscan town of Arezzo. He falls in love with Dora, a beautiful young schoolteacher (Nicoletta Braschi). Unfortunately, the woman he calls his “Princess†is already engaged. Worse, she is engaged to the local Fascist official with whom he has had a run-in. Guido, however, is not deterred and a fairy tale romance ensues.

Several years later Guido and Dora are married and have a son, and Guido has finally opened the bookshop of his dreams. But now, the occasional bigotries Guido once ignored have become Racial Laws with which he must come to terms. Throughout it all, he determines to shield his son from the brutal reality governing their lives. This determination becomes a matter of life and death when Guido and his son are sent to a concentration camp three months before the war’s end. Of her own accord, and out of her love for them, Dora deports herself on the same train.

Now, in this unimaginable world, Guido must use his bold imagination and every ounce of his indefatigable spirit to save those he loves.

Life is Beautiful received seven Academy Award nominations, winning three for Best Actor, Best Foreign Language Film and Best Original Dramatic Score.

Cookie

Reaction score
I must drifted off on that thought... lol, while reading the menu for choice of movies, I can watch, either, HotTub Time Machine or The Hearse.

wow, I dont which to pick. I think reading Ian's corner will be better. :)

Cookie

Reaction score
see, how funny, no one asks, 'why do you want to get married in Anzio?"

I figure, since it is a large battlefield, what better to get married. :)

Cookie

Reaction score
Bob, I watched the Zookeeper! It was hysterical. I wanted to date the gorilla. :) He was so sweet.... and, he danced... :)

Also, watched, Horrible Bosses, that was funny, too. One of my bosses is on it. :)

Now, I rented through Redbox, Soul Surfer... will let you know later about this one.

Cookie

Reaction score
Soul Surfer is a tear jerker. Wow. But, this girl has so much determination and happiness in her heart it is contagious. Worth seeing.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Bob, I watched the Zookeeper! It was hysterical. I wanted to date the gorilla. :) He was so sweet.... and, he danced... :)

Also, watched, Horrible Bosses, that was funny, too. One of my bosses is on it. :)

Now, I rented through Redbox, Soul Surfer... will let you know later about this one.

Grandkids slept over Sat night, and we watched Zookeeper On Demand. It was funny, but one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. Actually fell asleep on it. Took the kiddies out to TGI Fridays. They emailed me a "Jump the line Pass", something new they have. Gave it to the hostess, and was whisked away to a table. I did not turn around to see any angry faces from others in the packed lobby, but I was uncomfortable (a little). I really didn't think the pass would be honored when I presented it. The kids like Fridays and Applebees.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
The best movie in the entire world is an Italian movie (with English subtitles) called 'Life is Beautiful'.

America has also made some reasonably good movies like 'the Green Mile' and 'the Shawshank Redemption'.

[video=youtube_share;0Y9aKqawdUQ]http://youtu.be/0Y9aKqawdUQ[/video]

DEFIANCE - one of the all time great true stories, very fair to the 2 or 3 books written on the subject of the only viable Jewish resistance in nowadays Belarus, then Poland. Read the book first or you might not believe it at all.

And don't forget Love and Death and Annie Hall by Woody Allen, amongst many others - including his latest set in England.

Shawshank is an all time great, but if you have a 6 year old son, its too hard to watch life is beautiful more than once.

Cookie

Reaction score
Alright, I got another movie for you. This one is another tearjerker but, wonderfully made and, will make you, "not ever forget."

Sarah's Key.

"Sometimes our own stories are the ones we can never tell, but if the story is never told it becomes something else, forgotten...and, when a story is told, it becomes something else, it is not forgotten, the memory of who we were, the hope of what we can become."

Cookie

Reaction score
Here are 2 movies which are must-sees for those who want a really good chuckle.

One is an oldie with Cary Grant & Katherine Hepburn, they are great in it together, and it doesn't matter how many times I see it, I crack-up.

Bringing up Baby...
Made in 1938

The other is a new one, with Jim Carey,
Mr. Popper's Penguins! Very funny.

Now, I want a penguin. Will add it to the Xmas list. :)

Cookie

Reaction score
I will do that. I am on my way to work now, lol.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks