Whole house filter system, 1” vs 3/4”

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYrental

Reaction score
I’m currently replacing the old galvanized water line with Pex. I’m running 1” into the house straight to an Aquasana Rhino whole house filter system. I plan on converting down to 3/4” after the filter then onward to the house, etc. However the filter allows for either 1” or 3/4” inlet and outlet. Any thoughts on whether I should convert to 3/4 before or after? Would 1” give me better pressure/volume through the filter orwould 3/4”? Thanks for any input, hard to find any info on this.

Cliffyk

Reaction score
The flow through the filter (which is itself is a restriction of course) would be further restricted by 'necking down' before the filter; however from a purely practical perspective--and in the overall scheme of things--it really doesn't matter; any difference wiould be barely noticeable.

That said, I'd keep it 1' through the filter unless there is some inescapable problem in doing so...

Last edited:

DIYrental

Reaction score
Perfect. Thanks! I’m keeping it 1” then downsizing to 3/4” just after, to run it to the rest of the house. Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks