What Water Line Is Allowed Under A Slab

Users who are viewing this thread

winesalot

Reaction score
I am getting ready to pour the slab for our commercial building in Manson, WA and I need to run the domestic water lines. Barring it being against code my plan is to run a continuation of the 2" S-40 PVC under the slab and tee off with 1" Uponor PEX to each main location in the building. There are three separate uses in the building and I figure a 1" line to each should give me ample flow. Any feedback?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can run your PVC into the building as long as the first fitting above grade, transitions to a legal pipe.. but essentially NO PVC inside because you would need a PVC 90 to get above grade. All your PEX runs should be either daisy chained or home runs under the slab, no fittings. All your tubing should be wrapped with a foam tape or something to absorb expansion and contraction thru the slab.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks