Wet venting a toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

yourlocalhandsyman

Reaction score
In the building code a 1.5" pipe cannot wet vent a toilet, but a 2" can. So if I was to replace the 1.5" pipe between the toilet and the sinks tee with 2", and leave the 1.5" as the dry vent off the top of the sink tee that would be to code?

Then if this toilet is sharing a wet vent with another toilet as ONLY a drain now, It no longer counts under this clause of the code, correct?

(1) A soil or waste pipe may serve as a wet vent provided that,

(a) the hydraulic load is in accordance with Table 7.5.8.1.,

(b) the number of wet vented water closets does not exceed two,

(c) when two water closets are installed, they are connected at the same level to a vertical part of the stack by means of a double fitting in accordance with Table 7.2.4.5.,

(d) the water closets are installed downstream of all other fixtures,

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Nothing there shows reason to prohibit a 1-1/2" dry vent , my code can't vent a toilet at all with less than 2 inch but I'm governed by UPC

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks