Wet venting a shower

Users who are viewing this thread

GoHawks

Reaction score
I am adding a bathroom to my upstairs and want to make sure my venting is correct. I will be tying my sinks, toilet, and shower together. My shower venting is a little weird and want to make sure it works. The shower is in the middle of the room and because of that I need to run about 4 feet horizontally before being able to go vertical. It seems as though you need to wet vent it to do that and a dry vent will not work. Because of that I was planning on tying my sink drainage to the shower wet vent which eventually ties in with the toilet drainage. Will this work or do I have a better option? I included a crude sketch of what I am talking about. Thanks for your help.

20210715_163016.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Wait a minute 2 inch dry vent serving water closet probebly almost surely not meeting code and likly can be eliminated but cant be left alone. technicaly

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
How's that? Reach4's diagram looks like a compliant UPC wet vent to me. The WC has a 2" vent. The 2" segment from shower to the 3" WC fixture drain is carrying 4 DFUs, which is the maximum for a 2" horizontal wet vent, but is allowed.

Cheers, Wayne

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
How's that? Reach4's diagram looks like a compliant UPC wet vent to me. The WC has a 2" vent. The 2" segment from shower to the 3" WC fixture drain is carrying 4 DFUs, which is the maximum for a 2" horizontal wet vent, but is allowed.

Cheers, Wayne
I was refering to go hawks sketch. reach 4 nailed it! i didnt notice he had eliminated the illegal flat vent on W/C thanks wayne no one mentioned the other vent just details on the wet vent

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks