Well Pressure pump leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Ddevore

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just noticed I have a leak that is coming from the pressure pump on my well. The pump is an older HP20F-02. The leak appears to be in between the electrical motor and the pump piece. I've found complete pumps for around $1100 or so online, I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience taking these apart to repair or if it's just a replace type thing? I can call the well company out if it's possible for them to repair the existing pump, but I really don't want to pay their rates to swap the entire thing, in our setup it looks pretty straight forward to swap out.

Thanks for any advice!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Probably just a 10 dollar mechanical seal out. But finding someone who knows how or wants to repair it will be tough. Nobody fixes anything these days, they just replace stuff. That is also an expensive pump. If you are running 50/70 pressure switch or less you can use a jet pump like the J15S and save about half that money,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks