Well Flows every spring out of seal

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Kazian

Reaction score
I have a vacation waterfront home in Door County WI. Every spring my well flows water out of the well seal for about a month. I have contacted several well installers & they state that this normal as the water table rises in the spring. Many of my neighbors wells do the same thing. Can I replace the current well seal with a seal that has a threaded fitting so I can attach a hose to it and direct the water away from flowing all over my lawn and making a mess?

Attachments

• IMG_4932.JPG
    IMG_4932.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 198

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That is hilarious, but ingenious. Yes it is common, and yes you can add a fitting. Pull off the well cap. Find a place up high to drill a hole that won't hit anything inside. Thread or weld a nipple to the drilled hole. And this is one of the only places I can think of where a flapper check valve might be good. The flap would open to let water out, but would close to keep the critters from crawling up the drain pipe and getting in the well. :eek:

You could also just screen the outlet to keep out critters.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks