Water not going to bathroom sink.

Users who are viewing this thread

My4evrjob

Reaction score
Hello and thank you for your site.

I had no pressure in my bathroom and found rusted out pipes and water damage. After I installed new walls, subfloor, tiles and pex. I could not get the water to flow to the bathroom sink. The water comes from a line that is fed from our water tanks. I change all galvanized to 1/4 pex. I don't get water to the bathroom sink. We really never got water to that sink. changed all pipes in house to pex.
The water goes at a incline to kitchen sink just fine. But then after it runs to tub there is not a drop going to the sink. It makes it to the toilet just fine. The water comes from outside, first stop is the tub, sink, toilet, then pipe goes to kitchen sink then water heater, and last the wash machine. The sink is in between the tub and toilet, they both get good pressure.
Thought maybe of installing a piece of pex on the bathroom sink line before the sink pipe goes up to allow for air to vent. I also dont get any water to the wash machine.

I would appreciate any clues to this issue.

OttoW

Reaction score
This may sound like an obvious suggestion, but have you: physically traced the lines to the sink and the washer from the fixtures all the way to the primary supply line; and, also ensured that there's incoming water (that's under pressure) at the beginning of the two lines (that is, the point where the fixture's line connects to the primary supply line? Sounds like you have adequate water pressure throughout the system since water is getting all the way to the water heater (assuming the heater isn't too far away from the washing machine). So, if you have clear, non-leaking lines running between the two (problem) fixtures that are properly connected to the primary supply line, both fixtures should be getting water. Good luck.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you're working on new PEX that is connected to old Galvanized steel, you may have broken rust pieces that are clogging the lines. The first normal obstruction that catches material is the angle stop valve, then the supply hose, then the faucet cartridge then the aerator. But if none of those are clogged, then I would suggest opening up a water line near the main and using compressed air to blow air through the angle stops at the sink to try to dislodge any material back through.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
At the sink, close the stops valves and disconnect the faucet at the stop valves. Then slowly open one or the other stop valve. It will determine if it is a clog pipe or the faucet is all plugged up.

At the aerator, water could be dripping out from a little siphoning the the neck of the faucet gets air in it. What other have suggested.

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
often crud goes and gets packed into the angle stop might have to remoce and clean that out too

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks