Water meter with info to cloud?

Users who are viewing this thread

Beets

Reaction score
I'm on an acreage and well water. One of my watering timers got stuck open while I was on vacation. Fortunately, my well was able to keep up and no harm was done. However, I might not be so lucky next time. I was wondering if there is any way to install a water meter, where I could get the water usage information off the cloud, and perhaps even write some logic where it would send me alerts (emails or texts) if the water usage exceeded a certain amount? Or perhaps it is easier to monitor pump cycles through some sort of current or voltage transmitter? I know all the equipment I need exists, but there is going to be a large learning curve for me to figure out how to make this all work. The biggest challenge will be trying to figure out how to do this without breaking the bank. Any thoughts or links to good resources would be appreciated.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are plenty with their own app that will give you notifications while out of town.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks