Water Filters of America

Users who are viewing this thread

WorldPeace

Reaction score
I found a seller of water softeners online. They are based in Florida and are called Water Filters of America. Their website was extremely informative. They dispel a lot of the myths surrounding water softeners. I did learn a lot from Aquatell's website, but Water Filters of America seemed better. I also called them, and they seem very honest and straightforward. Very patient and explained everything.

I was thinking about going with one of their water softeners, but I'm hesitant because they use a Hydrotech controller, rather than a Fleck, Clack, or Autotrol.

There are 2 popular sellers on Amazon which sell solid water softeners - AFWFilters and Durawater. I know they are just in-home sellers but their products seem solid. Solid reviews.

I was wondering if anyone else had experience with any of these retailers.

Thanks!

WorldPeace

Reaction score
Ditto,

Thanks for the help.

AFWFilters and Durawaters actually use Fleck controllers. Isn't that the most important component that retailers might go cheap on?

doey38

Reaction score
Worldpeace, I am thinking of using Water Filters of America. Do you know have any experience with them? I like that their valves are 1-1/4, but hesitant because they seem to be an in-house brand (so skeptical). Anyone have any experience with this company?

WorldPeace

Reaction score
Worldpeace, I am thinking of using Water Filters of America. Do you know have any experience with them? I like that their valves are 1-1/4, but hesitant because they seem to be an in-house brand (so skeptical). Anyone have any experience with this company?

Unfortunately, I have no experience with Water Filters of America. I ended up going with AFW Filters because I heeded Dittohead's advice about using either a Fleck or Clack.

I do think that besides the control valve and resin beads, most water softeners are basically the same. It's just a resin tank with resin beads and a brine tank with water and salt. And a control valve controls the water flow between the brine tank and resin tank. The same technology has been around for decades. It's insane that unscrupulous companies will wrap the resin tank with stainless steel and charge $5k.

Btw, here are some things you might want to consider.

1. I purchased 10% resin beads which came pre-installed in the tank. This makes installation much easier but there is no way to know if the resin beads are 10%. And I believe that lack of transparency leads to corruption in any business. I don't know if AFW Filters are putting cheap resin beads but there is simply no way to know. Next time, I would request the resin beads are sent in a bag, and I would install it myself just to be sure. More work but I would feel safer.

2. AFW Filters answers their phones, but one of the guys who answers the phone isn't the nicest guy. Just some additional info.

3. Make sure to get a big enough size resin tank. You pay more but you'll use less salt which will add up over time. I have a 4-member family and I got a 2.0 cubic ft tank. The system works well (besides a recent contamination issue).

I guess for you, it's really about the control valve. I would also make sure to get 10% cross-linked.

If you have any questions, ask the guys here. They are much more knowledgeable than me. Good luck!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks