Washing machine leaky shut off valve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael325

Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently did a Reno in my laundry room and my father did the plumbing for the new sink and for the washing machine lines. Everything went smooth. The one thing that there was an issue with was that the shut off valve going to the washing machine was leaking a little bit from the thread connection. He applied Thread sealing tape and it then stopped dripping . Does this look like it was done correctly ? Should the thread tape have been used in the first place since it’s all brand new anyways ? There is another shut off Value connected to this anyways from the supply coming out of the ground just incase we need to shut it off completely so I’m not too concerned but I wouldn’t want it to leak because I don’t have a drain and can’t fit a drain if there ever was a leak. Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks

E1310FCB-4846-47B5-8889-1BF6C32E9569.jpeg
AACB1F35-83A4-430D-92EE-DE99F5FF41C5.jpeg
0A2B546A-D189-4F8F-9E64-B046AB0471AD.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
For threading into a female fitting, options are:

Pipe dope, thread sealant
Three wraps of tape
Three wraps of tape and pipe dope smeared over the tape

All three work.

Reach4

Reaction score
Try finding a good 10 or 12 inch long open end wrench that will fit the hex on that Sharkbite U072LF. I don't know the right size. Those 6 inch wrenches don't give much leverage.

Use a pipe wrench or big adjustable wrench on the valve body. See if you can get another turn. I am not a pro.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks