Washer drain requirements

Users who are viewing this thread

Mosher

Reaction score
hi am i allowed to run washer drain 2 in dia on the horizontal and if yes for how long

Reach4

Reaction score
after the vent
You can go a long way as long as you slope 1/4 inch per foot. There may be some limit, but if there is, I expect that limit might be over 40 ft. There is some limit as to how much turning you can do without a cleanout.

Mosher

Reaction score
so whats all this talk about new washers spitting out water at a very fast rate that they require a 3 inch line

Reach4

Reaction score
so whats all this talk about new washers spitting out water at a very fast rate that they require a 3 inch line
That talk is about newer IPC wanting 3 inch after the washer drainage has joined something else. 2 inch is good if you are just carrying the washer standpipe drainage.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks