Wall outlet toilet. How Can a Good Fit Be Made?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cracked

Reaction score
:( Have wall toilet flange that is 4"oc with tiled floor, but new toilet outlet is 4.5"oc?

Reach4

Reaction score
Prioritized:
  1. get a toilet that fits your vertical rough-in
  2. open the wall and change the vertical rough-in
  3. lower the floor

Cracked

Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of, but it raises another question. Can the rough-in be changed despite the wye fitting?

Cracked

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

AskTom, thanks for asking for pics. Once I started, I became encouraged that I might be able to use the toilet right away. The only place in town that sells the neoprene gaskets won't open until Tues and nothing I've tried has worked so far without leaking. I was so pleased that a gravity r/o, f/m toilet with a great MaP rating, equal to the assisted flushes was available. I spent a lot of time comparing the few options available, so I really don't want to swap it for an assisted flush. Plus I ensured the fill would be quiet by getting the Korky Quiet Fill Valve.

Rhetorical question- Why did Gerber stray from the 4"oc rough-in standard! They have 3 options for r/o toilets and the Aqua Saver did fine for 34 yrs before developing 2 long tank cracks.

It appears the connection is a T and not Wye surrounded by concrete. Don't know if that's bendable 5 degrees. Anyway, in the pics you'll see an opaque bowl with blue tape that happens to be a same size representation of the toilet horn. It helped me measure and visualize what the actual position of the horn is when at the drain. That gap below the bowl (horn representative) is a ½", so I'm hoping the plumbing supplier has the center of the gasket so that it can be cut and glued to make the gasket bottom a snug fit to the horn. I might do better to buy adhesive and a small sheet of neoprene to cut out the gasket. How necessary is the adhesive for both sides? I was only going to glue to the flange and maybe the horn's bevel. This has been quite an involved experience.

The plumber can't get here for another week, so I'm anxious to get anything done that I can to have a working toilet. I was tempted to try making a gasket out of double sided butyl tape. I'll be glad when all is as it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks