Wall mount toilet on exterior wall/vent question

Users who are viewing this thread

Phillip Smith

Reaction score
Hi again,
I have a wall mount toilet on an exterior wall. I have vented it because it doesn't connect to the main 4" waste line within 5' of another vent.

Due to the floor joist and where it's located I chose to vent it like an example I found on the web, I have a 4" wye with a 45 deg street elbow which then turns 90 deg twice to make it back to the exterior wall. I can not vent directly beside the 4" flange opening because the tank is in the wall and I can't get a vent pipe in that cavity. I have attached my actual picture and the picture of the sample I used. I am in Henry County Georgia and hope this meets our code.. I have called several local plumbers wanting to pay them for an hour of their time to come out and look at my work but none have called back.

So I guess I am asking if you have seen or done it this way before?

phillip

Attachments

• IMG_2406.JPG
    IMG_2406.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 2,518
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 8,171

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
since it is a toilet , it will work, but technically the vent is useless the way you have it installed, and your drawing does not have anything to do with a wall hung toilet. You cannot just take a horizontal layout, like your drawing, and rotate it 90 degrees and think it is good.

Phillip Smith

Reaction score
since it is a toilet , it will work, but technically the vent is useless the way you have it installed, and your drawing does not have anything to do with a wall hung toilet. You cannot just take a horizontal layout, like your drawing, and rotate it 90 degrees and think it is good.

Thank you for your advice, at this point should I just cut the vent at the wye and cap it off and leave it be?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would leave the vent in place.
Any fittings below the floor should be waste fittings. The more you can run at a vertical or a 45 the better.
I like to vent the toilets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks