Wall hung toilet in 2x4 construction

Users who are viewing this thread

katwhite

Reaction score
Hi:

I have a wall hung toilet meant for a 2x4 wall. I recognize the that, in order for this to work, the 3" drilled hole for the waste pipe must be dead-on-center of the 2x4 plate , leaving only 1/4-1/8" on each side to spare.

My plumber does not think it can go in the 2x4 wall. While not what I'd wish, thats what I have in this renovation, and without going into room descriptions, I cannot fir-out the wall.

Happy for advice and instruction.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Of course it can't fit decently. 2 x 4 carrier, no matter the mfr, is soo hard to do repairs, nearly impossible and you will regret it.
The pipe is 3.5", the wall is 3.5" and you connect the adapter coupling below the floor...so your floor plate is obviously cut completely. And the required nail plates cause bulge and don't forget, when you sit on the WC, it is all cantilevered so expect flex off the wall...that is an absolute given unless you somehow use a very solid wall board

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
We've installed in wall tank toilets many times in 2x4 walls. It just takes extra diligence to get it done correctly. Install the carrier exactly flush with the front of the studs and match up the drain through the bottom plate to match.

While they are harder to work on internally than any other tank, they're not really that hard once you get familiar with them. I've worked on Geberit and Toto doing repairs and haven't had any real problems... just don't drop anything in them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks