Vent for upflush toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

mik842

Reaction score
I have installed an up flush toilet in the basement. Can I route the vent line up then across the ceiling (15') then out the side of the foundation wall? Or, do I have to somehow tie the vent line into a vent stack that goes through the roof? Thank-you

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
A pumped toilet or any sump with a pump needs a vent as the water entering it displaces air and also to allow air in to avoid sucking the trap of the fixtures its connect to. Most codes ask that the vent travel to termination by itself but allow for it to be tied to other vents within the home.. the UPC does not stipulate a threshold you have to meet to tie the vents together. All vents of a sewer system must terminate above grade and above any opening windows of a house.. You don't want sewer gasses to get sucked into your home.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks