Vapor Lock Kicked In

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
Previous water heater died due to vapor lock....
Been thinking about this as I never did conclude to a root cause
It started one day where we picked smell of the backdrafting gases
Close inspection of the plastic -caps- around the feeds indeed confirmed it was backdrafting
Then in the same week, vapor lock kicked in

Anyhow, while everything was disconnected, I ran the flue brushes, gave it a good vac, etc
New water heater in place for the last 2 months or so. Zero backdrafting issues, etc.

Still scratching my head on this one on what would have caused the backdrafting.
Flue was clean
Everything else being the same/similar...

Last edited:

Fitter30

Reaction score
Brand and model of furnace ( inside of burner compartment). Sizes of flue wh, furnace and stack / height. Pictures all the flue wh and furnace . Wh and furnace input gas btu's and type of gas.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Im familiar with back draft but not vapor lock are those the same thing? going to need a whole lot more info to solve this problem that no longer exists.
no mention of whether there is a furnace in this equation or if its in the same area , sharing vents etc. sizes of the vents suffiecient combustion air etc. etc.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks