Tube insulation size?

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYorBust

Reaction score
Yes I was going to ask about that next. It's for a hot water heating system. Should I do 1 inch thickness? It's a lot more expensive and potentially tight in some places. The pipes do run close to exterior walls.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Don't be afraid to have 2 thicknesses if you've got a spot you cant get full thickness use the half inch. comes in 6 foot length.
My experience I don't see 1/2 " much other than on residential A/C lines . I'm not in heating hotwater other than on big commercial and institutional where all hot is 1 inch thick. single fam homes here all all forced air heat so I don't have opinion on sizing

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
more the better. ultimately youre reducing energy loss over a long time.. probably pays for itself in under 5yrs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks