Tub Acrylic Too Thin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dogwell

Reaction score
Hello. We picked up this tub and noticed that half of the tub seems to have very thin walls. Please see attached screenshots comparing left hand side with right. I just put my phone's flashlight inside the tub to see how thick the walls were. Is this common? Will it become an issue down the line? Would you install this? It is a 60x32 Wyndham Grayley for reference. Acrylic soaking tub. If not this, what do you recommend? Many thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220928-173412_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220928-173412_Gallery.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20220928-173434_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220928-173434_Gallery.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_20220928-173451_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220928-173451_Gallery.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 84

Emma1990

Reaction score
Hello. We picked up this tub and noticed that half of the tub seems to have very thin walls. Please see attached screenshots comparing left hand side with right. I just put my phone's flashlight inside the tub to see how thick the walls were. Is this common? Will it become an issue down the line? Would you install this? It is a 60x32 Wyndham Grayley for reference. Acrylic soaking tub. If not this, what do you recommend? Many thanks!

Hey, Dogwell, I am not sure that it become an issue down the line or not but, if you are asking that would you install it or not. so, my recommendation would be " Not to install ". May be I would not give an impact now but it would create an impact later. I have purchased my soaking tub from an ecommerce portal and it is not look like yours see the below pictures;
s-l500.jpg
s-l500 (1).jpg
s-l500 (2).jpg
s-l500 (3).jpg

I really like this portal named Raptor Supplies. They have several types of purchase system, one of them is Net30. In Net30 they provide 30 day credit time in purchase process.
I am sharing the website below, it might help you

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score

They are pretty thin. I can see spots of light through mine and, if I recall correctly, the manual said that is normal. Your spot looks a little bigger than mine. If you are concerned, send a pic to the manufacturer. They are usually pretty quick to get back to people.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
It seems like a robust mfr with how much product variety they sell.
I always prefer A line name brand mfrs, mostly USA mfrs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks