Trouble with Bathroom Shutoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Vinnie B

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a relatively newbie to plumbing and am having trouble replacing a toilet supply line. It looks pretty straightforward - jsut a nut on the bottom of the tank and one at the shutoff, but there is no nut on the shutoff - it jsut goes right into the valve. (See pic).

IMG_2036.JPG

Does this mean I need to replace the entire shutoff?? If this is the case, would you recommend a plumber for this job?

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Yes, you need to replace the whole thing. It looks like it may unscrew, which is why, I think, the body of it is squared off to allow a wrench to unscrew it. There's a newer version of this that pushes on without tools, but this looks different. Hopefully, someone that knows for sure will be able to tell. Neither one is considered a particularly good choice.

sleeve-puller-terrylove-02.jpg

sleeve-puller-terrylove-01.jpg

shutoff_corragated_replace.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks