Trim kit for this older Delta 1700 valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Jetboy55

Reaction score
I have this Delta shower/tub faucet that I think was installed in the mid 2000's. I replaced the cartridge in it about a year ago and what I know
from the research I did then, it is a Delta Monitor 1700 Series pre-2006, and the cartridge I put in it was a RP32104, and it worked flawlessly. Now I
want to change out the trim (its currently chrome). When looking for a trim kit (I want black) I see lots of options for 1700 series, and for 17 Series, and was wondering if that is the same way of saying the same thing. I also don't know if they will fit this faucet, as I assume the rough valve is not a modern "Multi-Choice" valve. Again, it uses the RP32104 cartridge, so I need help finding a trim kit in black for it.
PXL_20230309_202611213.jpg
PXL_20230309_202221249.jpg

Jetboy55

Reaction score
Thanks. The trim comes with a new cartridge, which I don't really need right now, but anyway, is it possible that the cartridge with the new trim won't fit my valve? Also, will the 17T trim kits work, even if the cartridge wont?

Last edited:

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The cartridge in the current T17 trims will not fit your valve. You will only be able to use the trim. T17T trims will not work with your valve.

Tmc1306

Reaction score
Did you end up finding something to replace your fixtures with? I have the same delta set and would like to upgrade the fixture.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks