TOTO Ultramax II, MS604114CEFG toilet reviews & pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
2nd. Even with the sanigloss over the years and in the country I do have a yellowish ring in the bowl where the water sits
and I'm carefull on using something too abrasive to remove the gloss...... Any suggestion?????
Someday somebody with access to a mass spectrometer may tell us what that is. I suspect silica with some impurities, considering how resistant is to acid.

AFAIK, nothing short of Pumie Scouring Stick can make a dent in it, and even that doesn't take it right off. I was less vigorous than I could have been. It is a definite violation of the no-abrasives thing. Could be worth considering if you are otherwise considering replacing the toilet. In theory I could replace the bowl on my Vespin, but that is a lot of work.

Royerm

Reaction score
Well,,, to my surprise DAWN made it after trying all kind of non abrasive stuff over the years...:D:D

to my other question, Does 0.6GPM sounds right for water flow?????
Thx

Royerm

Reaction score
Thx Terry... I will try and report back.
Cheers
I will ask the question about water flow in a different way....
How long does it take to your Toto to refill after a flush????
Just want to verify if I don't have any obstruction in my water supply...

Thx

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Refill time can depend on which fill valve you have, the house pressure of the water and how old the valve is.
At my sisters place in Eastern Washington, with the alkaline water it was slowing down the refill on her rental cabin. An old Kohler 1.6 that was needing some work. I replaced the fill valve while I was staying here.
It's hard to measure exactly how much water you're using unless you remove the toilet and set it over a basin so that you can measure after the flush.
There is water from the tank, and water from the refill valve, and both of those need to be added together.

Her rental cabin is 200 feet to the right of the main cabin you see.

terry-omak-2020-05.jpg

Terry Love at Jade Lake Cabin

ms604-terrylove-14.jpg

TOTO MS604114CEFG-12 installed in Issaquah, WA

Last edited:

Royerm

Reaction score
Thx Terry... I timed mine and it takes between 3 1/2 to 4 minutes from the flush to refill completed. I find this
a little long and pretty sure it was much shorter 10 years ago. My pressure being 40-60 Psi.
According to specs it's the TSU25A.

IMG_5891.jpeg

Usually after having done some work on some plumbing in the house I have to clean the screens on my other
faucet in the house as some sediment seems to alter there flow.

Can these valve be removed and cleaned???? and are they easily available ????
Regards

Royerm

Reaction score
well it went from a 0.6GPM to 3.5 and a 3.30 Minutes to 30 seconds, after cleaning the filter of a nearly 10 years old Toto Ultramax..
Thx a million for your time and advice.

IMG_5893.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadziedzic

Reaction score
My local plumber has been having a tough time trying to find a Toto MS604114CEFG#01 from his suppliers. Apparently Toto is replacing that model with the new MS604124CEFG#01 - which won't be available until Q4! - which likely explains the supply issue.

FYI, the 604124 model has a hole in the left rear of the seat to accommodate a set of Washlet+ hoses; the hole is covered by the SS124 seat when a Washlet+ is not installed.

Stephen Majewski

Reaction score
[QUOTE="jadziedzic, post: 686039, member: 7615"
FYI, the 604124 model has a hole in the left rear of the seat to accommodate a set of Washlet+ hoses; the hole is covered by the SS124 seat when a Washlet+ is not installed.[/QUOTE]

Stephen Majewski

Reaction score
Here's what the new model looks like. Washlet ready.
The seat has a larger base to cover the water line pass-through.

PXL_20211216_040532911.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Installed two of these Friday on Fox Island near Tacoma. The first stop that day was a Glenwall Vormax in Federal Way on the water, and then took a turn through parts of the water front in Tacoma on my way to Fox Island. We installed four of the Ultramax II and a Supreme II in Blaine the previous Friday, up near the Canadian border.

tacoma-rainier-2.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks