Toto toilet thud/bang noise from upstairs neighbor

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott Steven NYC

Reaction score
Please help! This is stumping everyone (including the building engineer). I live in an apartment complex in NYC. My upstairs neighbor had a Toto toilet installed. I hear a loud thud/bang sound when flushed and the sound of rushing water in my apartment (which is below).

The toilet tank for the toto is in the wall. What would cause this loud thud/bang? Is it because the toilet tank is placed in the wall and reverberating down? Why can I hear the water rush out of the toilet and through the pipes?

I have a video which can't be uploaded but can email it around with the audio.

You guys seem like you can fix anything! Please help!

Scott Steven NYC

Reaction score
Please help! This is stumping everyone (including the building engineer). I live in an apartment complex in NYC. My upstairs neighbor had a Toto toilet installed. I hear a loud thud/bang sound when flushed and the sound of rushing water in my apartment (which is below).

The toilet tank for the toto is in the wall. What would cause this loud thud/bang? Is it because the toilet tank is placed in the wall and reverberating down? Why can I hear the water rush out of the toilet and through the pipes?

I have a video which can't be uploaded but can email it around with the audio.

You guys seem like you can fix anything! Please help!
Adding the link. Posted this in the general as well. New to the site and could use your expertise.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks