TOTO CST776 water spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Freedom1955

Reaction score
Looking at getting a new ToTo Drake 1.6 gallon flush. My question is the water spot the same size in the round bowl vs the elongated bowl?

Freedom1955

Reaction score
Water surface in bowl
CST776 Elongated, 9" x 6-7/8"
CST775 Round, 9" x 6-5/8"
Thanks for the response. Was also wondering if the elongated flushes and cleans the bowl as well as the round? We installed a drake round so we know that flushes very well.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks for the response. Was also wondering if the elongated flushes and cleans the bowl as well as the round? We installed a drake round so we know that flushes very well.
The elongated is only 1.5" longer. My round bowl sales are 5% and elongated sales are at 95%
Most men prefer elongated bowls.

And yes, the bowl rinses clean.

Freedom1955

Reaction score
The elongated is only 1.5" longer. My round bowl sales are 5% and elongated sales are at 95%
Most men prefer elongated bowls.

And yes, the bowl rinses clean.
Thank You! The reason we may go with the round is because the bathroom is so small, I'll attach a picture to give you an idea. The toilet is kind of in front of a doorway and the longer it is the more it would impede entry or exit from room to room. Currently our toilet is a 1974 American Standard round.
Can you give me your opinion on this situation?

20221104_074548-ImResizer-single.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Turning the door around may be worth considering, depending on what is on the other side.

Freedom1955

Reaction score
Just received our ToTo toilet Drake model. I didn't notice this but read a review on Amazon about a (flaw) in 3 ToTo round Drakes made in Mexico that this reviewer purchased. He also mentioned that they also ordered a couple elongated Drakes made in Vietnam that didn't have this flaw.
The flaw is in the trap maybe a couple inches in there is a small spot about the diameter of an eraser on a pencil that is unglazed. Would this be something to be concerned about because ours does have this unglazed spot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks