toilet flange repair ring - above or below

Users who are viewing this thread

homejoe3000

Reaction score
I have an ABS toilet flange in need of repair - the slots in the flange that hold the closet bolts have partially broken. My repair ring is the Lasco 33-3736. It looks very similar to the Harvey 014710. Are these meant to be installed over or under the flange? On my Lasco, the packaging illustration shows it mounted above, but on the Harvey, it's shown mounted below the flange. Would under-mount hold the bowl to the flange more strongly?
lasco-prod_19561344107.jpeg
6890203_pkg_014710-n.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Either would work.

Under would only be stronger if the plastic was supplying some force to hold the ring down. You want the screws to provide the down force. If you have room below, I would worry that the ring sits high. So a high plastic plus a high repair ring could sit high enough to interfere with the toilet, as I picture it.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
The package isnt meant to be an instructions . under is way better if possible whatever way you can make work but under is far prefered

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks