Tee vent and slop sink, to shower, and toilet vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Kingzucka

Reaction score
Diyer giving it another go, Attached pic ground main, The Tee, can I use that for slop sink and vent is for both shower and sink?
(it''s a tight space).
Also the Toilet I don't think needs vented it's about 5 ft to the vent before main trap. Thanks for any advice, greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230205-110857_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230205-110857_Gallery.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 70

Kingzucka

Reaction score
Where is the "Slop" sink located? is it in the same room as the toilet and shower?
its through the wall
Screenshot_20230212-115533_Gallery.jpg

at the top but right there, 2 feet to vent, the shower drain will be higher than that waste pipe of slop sink coming in, what do you think? I was angling up that tee it should probably be a wye but does it have to be?
Thanks a ton!

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can't wet vent a shower with a "slop sink", only with a bathroom fixture. So you can't connect the slop sink as shown, you need to vent the shower first.

Also, that san-tee on its side is not allowed for drainage, it would definitely need to be a wye. And it looks like your shower trap arm is running uphill, which it obviously can't.

Cheers, Wayne

Kingzucka

Reaction score
You can't wet vent a shower with a "slop sink", only with a bathroom fixture. So you can't connect the slop sink as shown, you need to vent the shower first.

Also, that san-tee on its side is not allowed for drainage, it would definitely need to be a wye. And it looks like your shower trap arm is running uphill, which it obviously can't.

Cheers, Wayne
Got it will keep the shower trap arm flat and grabbing a wye for the tee, no problem with the long trap for the shower right? For the slop sink any reason I can't use that as wet vent for the shower the slop is 1 1/2 inch drain (I don't care about code, just want it to work and not have problems) Also there is that main vent/main drain 2ft down stream from the shower/slop sink.

Last edited:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not interested or qualified to speculate on what might work, just on what the plumbing code allows, all of which should work (if not the plumbing code needs updating).

So per the plumbing code, the slop sink can't horizontally wet vent the shower trap arm. As to the vent downstream on the 3" line, we'd need to know everything that is upstream of your picture on the 3" line to comment. Instead of the drawing in the OP, maybe you could draw just a floor plan (i.e. a flat horizontal projection, no perspective) of the fixture and drain locations, using a single line for each horizontal drain?

Cheers, Wayne

Kingzucka

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not interested or qualified to speculate on what might work, just on what the plumbing code allows, all of which should work (if not the plumbing code needs updating).

So per the plumbing code, the slop sink can't horizontally wet vent the shower trap arm. As to the vent downstream on the 3" line, we'd need to know everything that is upstream of your picture on the 3" line to comment. Instead of the drawing in the OP, maybe you could draw just a floor plan (i.e. a flat horizontal projection, no perspective) of the fixture and drain locations, using a single line for each horizontal drain?

Cheers, Wayne
Got it, follow code and I won't have problems, Thank you! upstream on the 3" is a toilet, 5 ft from the Wye, do you think the toilet needs vented? Also 2ft from the wye I was breaking off 3inch to do an outdoor bathroom, I could vent right there

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The whys and hows of the plumbing code aren't always readily obvious or available. Even the illustrated code book won't mention all of the "Why things are the way they are in the code". But I believe that non bathroom fixtures aren't allowed in a horizontal wet vented system is that when the plumbing fixtures are being used, they're likely to be used by one person at a time so that only one fixture is being used and reduces the risk of overloading the system.

Kingzucka

Reaction score
The whys and hows of the plumbing code aren't always readily obvious or available. Even the illustrated code book won't mention all of the "Why things are the way they are in the code". But I believe that non bathroom fixtures aren't allowed in a horizontal wet vented system is that when the plumbing fixtures are being used, they're likely to be used by one person at a time so that only one fixture is being used and reduces the risk of overloading the system.
Thanks, makes sense

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks