Tankless heater location

Users who are viewing this thread

Caprieragtop

Reaction score
All,

I'm planning on installing a tankless heater in my home during an extensive remodel. I'm planning on placing it on a wall close to the exterior so venting will be short and sweet.

My main question is this: on the other side of this wall lies my electrical panel. In short, one side of the wall is an extended part of the kitchen where I want to put the heater. The other side of the wall is a closet and houses the electrical panel. The panel is not recessed into the wall, but all the wiring runs up through the wall. However, the wiring does not go through the studs. In other words, there will be no wiring directly behind where I intend to install the heater.

Is that up to code?

Also, what does the code state concerning heater install height? Does it need to be close to the floor, mid height, etc?

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks