Stub outs and shut offs

Users who are viewing this thread

Jetboy55

Reaction score
I am remodeling bathroom. Dealing with just the sink and toilet supplies. Trying to decide on stub outs. After reading many threads, I will just stub out the pex-A in the vanity with PEX angle stops. Will 1/2 PEX-A bend enough to make the turn in a 2x4 wall and into the vanity? What should I use to secure and support the pex-A as it exits the drywall?
Next, I was thinking for the toilet of stubbing that with copper and either a compression stop, or a Sharkbite stop. Any opinions on compression vs slip on stop valves on toilet stub? Also, how could I make the toilet stub and valve more attractive? I would like to make it black like the other fixtures in the bathroom.

Reach4

Reaction score
Consider a pex bend support to prevent kinking.

One made for other pex is fine. Pex-A allows a little tighter bend radius than others, so you can use generic pex bend supports.

But don't go way out of your way to avoid a 90.

Jetboy55

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe I'll just use 90's to turn the press out into the vanity.
I don't want to stub out with PEX at the toilet, so how should I do it and make it black?

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't want to stub out with PEX at the toilet, so how should I do it and make it black?

I am not sure what your situation is. Open walls? put in a copper stubout, and cover with black tape etc.

Fishing the pex? The sharkbite valve is pretty nice IMO. If you can shove the pex in and out of the wall, that can be useful for future changes.

Jetboy55

Reaction score
Yeah, open walls. I bet I could stub the toilet in copper, use Sharkbite or compression shutoff (whichever I can find in black) and just paint or cover the copper with black.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks