Storage tank to Home

Users who are viewing this thread

Palm Sands Ranch

Reaction score
Hello all, needing help with a new set up. I catch rain water and haul water to fill above ground water tanks, I am putting in a new manufactured home that will be appox 160' from the tank, it is nearly level ground. I will be burying a water line from the pump to the home, need help with sizing a good non-submersible pump and pressure tank to handle that distance and provide good pressure to the house. The pump will be sitting right next to the water tank. Currently I have a Harbor Freight 1hp shallow well pump with its own pressure tank (small), it does a great job with pressure connected to a 3/4" 100' garden hose but I know the cycling would burn it up in no time if connected to a home. Would sure appreciate any help given. Thanks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Yeah those Drummond pumps will work, but not made to last very long. They are the only pump I know of that says "not made for continuous duty". Which just means they are VERY lightly built.

Any Jet pump that can build max 70 PSI or more will work with a 40/60 pressure switch. When used with a Cycle Stop Valve this would deliver strong constant 50 PSI to the house. A 1HP shallow well jet pump like this will work. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-shallow-well-cast-iron-jet-pump-1-hp

Then all you need to control it is a PK1A kit with a 4.5 gallon tank and a 40/60 switch like this.

You can see several hundred reviews with pictures here.

And it will look something like this.
Jet pump and PK1A.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks