Source for bio stick sanitizer

Users who are viewing this thread

FlamingoEmporium

Reaction score
where can I get chlorine type sanitizer sticks for an aeration tank ?

Coming up empty handed on google searches.

FlamingoEmporium

Reaction score
Thanks for responses. Not pool tablets. I used to contract with a company to clean my softener system.

We use a large aeration tank to remove sulphuric smell and they would add plastic coated bio sticks in a basket under the sprayer. Can't find these things anywhere. I've read you should not use pool chlorine tabs in your aeration system.

They are about 5 inches long and two inches thick Look like BIG pellets with a thin plastic sleeve over them.

I'm at a loss here.

anthony jones

Reaction score
Thanks for responses. Not pool tablets. I used to contract with a company to clean my softener system.

We use a large aeration tank to remove sulphuric smell and they would add plastic coated bio sticks in a basket under the sprayer. Can't find these things anywhere. I've read you should not use pool chlorine tabs in your aeration system.

They are about 5 inches long and two inches thick Look like BIG pellets with a thin plastic sleeve over them.

I'm at a loss here.

I am in the same boat, cannot find them anywhere. Has anyone been able to find them?

Billopsahl

Reaction score

I'm at a loss here.
You can get them from well drillers.

Billopsahl

Reaction score

I got some from a well drillers. But they didn’t have a label on them. So I don’t know where to us them otherwise. I think on line but I can’t find them. I know they would be cheaper on line.

CRB

Reaction score

I know exactly what you are talking about they are about 1" dia, 4" long and are plastic coated on the circumference but the ends are exposed. Typically placed in a basket under the water nozzles in the top of a well aerator tank. I'm looking to replace my sulfur removal system that currently uses H2o2 followed by aerated catalytic carbon. The systems are getting less common now that systems like mine have taken over the market. I can still find the aerator systems but can't find the chlorine sticks anywhere. I don't think it's a good idea to use pool tablets since they are a compound called trichloroisocyanuric acid. They release chlorine into pool water slowly but not sure we want what's left in drinking water.

For what it's worth I'm drawing a blank on getting them also.

Chris

MaxBlack

Reaction score
In Texas we did rainwater collectiona and I bought a 35# pail of pellets called "Chlor-Pel" which were suitable for potable water use. I never found a good way to disperse them into my aeration tank--and if just tossed-in they would quickly turn to mush.

My Chlor-Pel (can't find anywhere) looked similar to this product, which I found by surfing the site I originally got the chlor-pel from:

One idea that might work could be to use a length of PVC pipe, capped on one end with a screw-on cover on the other with a hole (or holes) drilled into it, then pack it with these pellets and suspend it into the aeration tank.

We did also have a swimming pool and as has been said you'd never want to use pool chlorine in a potable water system.

Someone here must know (or could call) a well driller and see where to get the sticks.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks