Snoqualmie Pass 1958

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In 1958 Snoqualmie Pass "West" did not have the new lodge that you see today. It was a row of tempary Army barracks.

They did have a nice rope tow that we used. The chair at that time was a single.

Here I am skiing with my brothers and sister.

snoqualmie_1958.jpg

snoqualmie_1958_cabin.jpg

snoqualmie_1958_2.jpg

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Brings back lots of memories. I skied Snoqualmie Pass in 1953, 54, and 55 when I was going to Central WA University (CWCE in those days) How'd you like to go back to using those 1x4 skis we used back then? If folks today had to use them, I dare say there would be a heck of a lot fewer skiers! Thanks for share those pictures.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
hyak-terrylove-06.jpg

Terry Love in 1958
Wood skis and cable bindings. Leather lace up boots. Check out the large baskets on the poles.

terry-1958-ski-02.jpg

Snoqualmie West didn't have their main lodge at this time. My dad called them Army Barracks that they had moved in.

hyak-1960-terrylove-07.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks