Site issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

John28

Reaction score
Not sure why, but on my desktop, this site is incomplete, can't view or post threads.

But my I pad has no issues, as I'am using it now to post. Anyone else have this issue, don't understand as no other sites give me issues and my desktop was just cleaned and updated with antivirus?

Taylor Love

Taylor Love
Staff member
Administrator + Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Not sure why, but on my desktop, this site is incomplete, can't view or post threads.

But my I pad has no issues, as I'am using it now to post. Anyone else have this issue, don't understand as no other sites give me issues and my desktop was just cleaned and updated with antivirus?
Are you able to post a screenshot? Which pages are you accessing? The site is showing up fine for me. Is it still happening? Which internet browser are you using? Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc?

John28

Reaction score
Are you able to post a screenshot? Which pages are you accessing? The site is showing up fine for me. Is it still happening? Which internet browser are you using? Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc?

When I go to the site, all that is shown is the blue heading with title, the admin. and moderators thumbnails and a list of who is online. And when I click on Forums or even Search, the screen is all black. As I stated no problem with my IPad. And I'm using Inernet Explorer on my desktop.

Reach4

Reaction score
Go to Start->All Programs > Accessories > System tools > Internet Explorer (No add ons)

If that works, then one of your add-ons is blocking you.

John28

Reaction score

Yes, working now. I honestly didnt even know what version of Explorer I had till I looked it up. It is 9, but never had any previous issues with it, and never upgraded or needed to as little as I use it anyways. Always thought my Windows did all the updates too? Thanks

Last edited:

Taylor Love

Taylor Love
Staff member
Administrator + Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Yes, working now. I honestly didnt even know what version of Explorer I had till I looked it up. It is 9, but never had any previous issues with it, and never upgraded or needed to as little as I use it anyways. Always thought my Windows did all the updates too? Thanks

Good, glad to hear. The issue itself was a tricky thing with the google adsense code. I guess some of the code had an unclosed comment, and newer browsers would just ignore the blip whereas older browsers would trip and fall down the stairs on it. Found the glitch after some troubleshooting and fixed the code so now it works. Windows might do the updates. I'm not sure actually.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Windows updates keep IE pretty much hosed, But you are stuck with using parts of it, Even if you use another browser on a Windows system.

If you write code for Firefox , then IE is hosed, If you write code for IE then Firefox is hosed. And the compatible button is pretty much useless.

If a person has a problem with IE, then it is best to change browsers, Because it is near imposable for a webpage to work exactly the same in IE as Firefox and Chrome.

Each Browser has its Pros and Cons.

Have Fun.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks